I have a vision that Kansas City becomes the Jewel of the Midwest for transgender rights and comfortable, enjoyable living. New York City and Boston are hubs in the East and San Francisco and Los Angeles in the West. Those cities welcome the whole transgender population with open arms, and so can we – right here in KC!
I look forward to:
- Freedom from violence
- Ease of finding employment
- Companies, corporations and places of business that welcome transpersons
- Fair housing practices
- Housing dedicated to and exclusively for transmen and women who have no employment or housing
- Schools that welcome transkids
- Politicians who wholeheartedly and with every vote support transgender rights
- Numerous restaurants, pubs, bars, and other entertainment establishments that welcome transpeople
- Welcoming streets and roadways where transmen and women can walk and move about freely, their heads held high
- A thriving SOFFA (significant others, family, friends and allies) group and community
- Large support groups that meet regularly and serve the transgender population
- Fair treatment at hospitals and medical clinics
- Medical and psychological clinicians who are trained to recognize transgender individuals and are able to make appropriate referrals
- Endocrinologists and other doctors who specialize in transgender needs
- Gender therapists who are correctly trained and experienced in clinical work with transgender people
- Large and small transgender conferences for both clinicians and transpersons featuring local and world-renowned speakers
- Regular, fair representation of transgender issues in the local media (radio, tv and print)
- Coming together of the FTM and MTF populations for political strength and camaraderie
- Thriving transgender volunteer activities to help the part of the population that has no resources – as one example, homeless transwomen
- Local insurance companies that cover hormones and surgeries, for example Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Kansas City
SEE THE VISION! LIVE THE VISION!
If you have more wishes, hopes, and dreams to add to THE VISION let The Transgender Institute know, and we will publish them.