The Transgender Institute offers in-office consultations, coaching and therapy sessions dedicated to serving the transgender population.
Our Services Include:
- One-on-one therapy for the individual.
- Transgender Group Therapy, including 3 groups. As always groups include psychotherapy, vocal feminization and comportment.
- Young Person’s Group (ages 16-23) Wednesday, April 24th – 6 to 7:30 PM
- Adult Group Tuesday, April 23rd – 6 to 7:30 PM
- Mentoring Program for younger clients. Children and teens benefit enormously from time spent with older, seasoned, and mature transmen and transwomen. In a typical case, a young gender variant individual will visit in the office with his or her mentor, parents and Caroline. If the connection works, as it often does, the mentor becomes a trusted part of the family, a layperson on whom the child or teen can depend for advice, a listening ear, and to serve as a life model.
- Director of Female-to-Male Mentoring Program – Gus
- Director of Male-to-Female Mentoring Program – Allison
- Children’s Therapy: Caroline is now treating children from ages 3 to 4 and up, along with their families. This population requires special expertise in the developmental stages of childhood, as well as how gender dysphoria affects and manifests in young children. She provides referrals to pediatric endocrinologists.
- Once-monthly Get-Togethers for the very young gender variant individual. Children in this program share time, treats and fun with other transkids. Parents, trans mentors and Caroline attend each session.
- Gender therapy and coaching online using Skype™ technology. Your web camera is provided free of charge. This device enables you to have therapy and coaching sessions in the privacy of your own home.
- Consultation for clinicians wishing to enhance their understanding of gender dysphoria and training for transgender certification and CEUs. We hope to provide webinars soon!!
- Caroline, a former classical singer and voice teacher in New York City, offers Feminizing Vocal Immersion Program (FVIP) as both part of the group therapy program and individually. Vocal feminization is a key component of “passing” as a woman for the male-to-female transsexual. Also offered is Feminine Comportment, which also enhances the “passing” ability of the MTF.
- A comprehensive list of resources and trans-friendly service providers. For these providers and a listing of other transgender resources see the Resources page.
- A listing of surgeons for the transsexual.
- A blog where you can read our latest news, recommendations and book/movie reviews.
As always, Caroline sees patients in-office. Please contact her at 816.305.0943 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn how she can assist you through your gender transition process.