1. I recognize and cherish that I was born with a female brain and a male body.
2. I acknowledge that fear of rejection, judgement and ridicule has caused me to suppress my feelings.
3. I recognize that this charade and untruth to me and the world is damaging to me and my relationships.
4. I recognize that I can be myself.
5. I recognize that I can be fit and healthy and emotionally grounded.
6. I recognize that my path to fulfillment and happiness will entail transitioning my body and self to match my mind.
7. I recognize that a successful transition will entail planning and deliberate, but steady action.
8. I recognize that I cannot predict the reactions of others in my life, but I maintain the hope that by becoming fully me, that I will be a better person, more capable of love, support and affection for others.
9. I cherish my otherness and constantly find ways to use my unique perspective to bring peace and healing to others.
10. I recognize that self-acceptance and honesty are crucial to my survival. Ongoing suppression will kill me.
11. I recognize that my condition is normal and occurs naturally within the population. I recognize that ideas of shame concerning this condition arise from people that operate from prejudice.
composed by a courageous transsexual