The Transgender Institute, located in the heart of the Midwest in Kansas City, Missouri, is a gender therapy and coaching organization dedicated to serving the transgender population through Transgender Growth Therapy™. We offer in-office consultation, off-site training, coaching and therapy sessions, as well as online sessions using Skype™ technology.
At The Transgender Institute, we help you determine if transitioning is an appropriate course of action and assist you through the various stages of the transition process from either male-to-female or female-to-male.
These are the benefits you can expect to receive while attending therapy and coaching sessions at The Transgender Institute:
- Clarity about the decision to pursue gender transition.
- Familiarity with the various types of transgender extending from crossdressing to transsexualism, with your place on the gender spectrum, and with your possible options.
- Knowledge about the various stages of the gender transition process.
- Self-awareness related to how your transgender identity fits within your individual identity.
- Referrals to endocrinologists for hormones, electrologists and laser specialists for hair removal, and surgeons for facial feminization and sex reassignment surgeries, along with top surgery for female-to-male patients.
- Issuance of “carry letters.”
- Direction to hair stylists and make-up artists.
- Guidance in movement, voice and wardrobe.
- Recommendations for internet sites, films and books to further your personal gender exploration and transition.
- Coming-out guidance for friends and family, at school and on the job through letters, presentations, and one-on-one conversations.
- Screening and treatment for psychological and emotional issues that may co-occur with gender dysphoria.
- Sense of well-being, as the gender therapeutic process moves forward.
By moving steadily and conservatively through the steps listed above, you can expect to live comfortably within your gender identity.
Click here to read about Caroline, our licensed gender counselor.
As always, Caroline sees patients in-office. Please contact her at 816.305.0943 or email@example.com, to learn how she can assist you through your gender transition process.
|Caroline Gibbs is a member of:|
American Counseling Association (ACA), American Psychological Association (APA), Greater Kansas City Psychological Association (GKCPA), Psi Chi Honor Society in Psychology, LGBT-Affirmative Therapists Guild of Greater Kansas City, World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).